Promoting the essential role that peer review plays in maintaining research quality has never been more important. We invite all publishers, editors, researchers, librarians, scholarly and scientific societies, universities, funding bodies, and anyone interested in advancing high-quality research to join us during Peer Review Week (PRW) for this celebration and learning experience.
PRW is a distributed virtual global community event – so anyone can take part in it, and any organization can host a PRW activity or share a resource. Here are some popular ways you can get involved:
- Host a webinar or virtual panel discussion (or attend one!)
- Submit a video for the Peer Review Week YouTube channel
- Write a blog post related to the PRW theme
- Organize or participate in a peer-review themed social media campaign
- Attend one of the PRW Reddit AMAs — or organize your own
- Join the discussion on Twitter by following @PeerRevWeek and using this year’s hashtag: #PeerReviewWeek22
However you decide to celebrate PRW, be sure to let us know so we can help spread the word! Below are more details on how to share PRW events/resources and take part in planned activities.
See all Peer Review Week events and resources
View our list of all of the events happening this Peer Review Week, as well as planned resources (i.e., blog posts, infographics, etc.)
Share your plans, and have them listed on the official Peer Review Week schedule
To share events, blogs, or any other resources you have planned for Peer Review Week that you would like us to feature on the PRW website, please fill out this Google Form. Be sure to input a description of the event/resource you have planned and the website URL where the event/resource will be hosted or where attendees can learn more about it and register if needed (i.e., for a webinar).
If you have any questions about submitting a PRW activity, please email us at email@example.com.
Submit a video for the Peer Review Week YouTube channel
We are currently seeking videos on the Peer Review Week theme, RESEARCH INTEGRITY, to be uploaded to our official YouTube channel.
This is a great opportunity to tell the research community about the work you have been doing, share your insights, and contribute to our permanent library of useful knowledge and expertise.
See our video submission guide for ideas on how to approach the theme and important technical details for recording and submitting videos.
Your videos need not be long (even 30 seconds is plenty of time to impart some impactful information!) but no more than 3 minutes please.
You may approach this subject however it is relevant to you. We welcome any and all insights that can inform and inspire the research publishing community.
We take care of editing PRW video submissions and uploading them to YouTube — all you need to do is come up with what you would like to say, put yourself in front of a camera, and say it! (though if you would like to get creative and produce a snazzy video yourself, then feel free!)
Please send us your files via this contributor form by the 15th September to ensure timely inclusion in the events week.
We very much look forward to your submissions!
You can view our dedicated YouTube here.
Join the Peer Review Week planning committee
We’re always looking for volunteers to help organize PRW. You can express your interest by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a short paragraph on why you’d like to join the committee/your relevant experience. Once you reach out, the PRW committee will consider your interest and get in touch shortly.
Below are more details about the PRW committee:
- The PRW committee is composed of representatives from 28+ organizations – you can find an overview on our team page.
- The committee is divided into two teams covering different aspects of Peer Review Week: (i) marketing and communications, (ii) events and international outreach
- The marketing and communications (aka marcomms) committee handles the following: PRW website updates and maintenance, preparing the PRW press release, promoting PRW via the official Twitter account, managing the PRW email inbox
- The events and international outreach committee handles the following: Coordinating PRW press release translations, gathering details about PRW events being organized by participating organizations, taking lead on organizing official PRW steering committee events
- The committees meets once a month to discuss PRW plans and allocate next steps among the group
Translated Get Involved in Peer Review Week statement (2020):
Get Involved Press Release_Brazilian Portuguese
Get Involved Press Release_Bulgarian
Get Involved Press Release_Chinese
Get Involved Press Release_Croatian
Get Involved Press Release_French
Get Involved Press Release_German
Get Involved Press Release_Italian
Get Involved Press Release_Russian
Get Involved Press Release_Spanish
Get Involved Press Release_Turkish
Get Involved Press Release_Vietnamese
If you have any questions about PRW, please email us at email@example.com
Help us promote Peer Review Week
Join the conversation!
- Tweet us @PeerRevWeek
- Follow #PeerReviewWeek22